– Buy and sell your Pre-Loved Maternity Wear here
The world is changing. Covid-19 has accelerated that for every single one of us. Budgets are stretched and People are making more conscious lifestyle choices.
With this in mind, and over the many years of answering the question
‘Do you buy and sell second hand maternity wear?” with a No, we’re re thinking this.
We’ve decided to offer our existing site and create a platform for YOU – to help add some cash to your pocket and of course Reduce, Re use and Recycle by giving you a safe secure space to buy and sell your high quality pre loved maternity wear here.
“The fashion industry is one of the most polluting in the world and consumers increasingly understand that extending the life of a garment has a big positive impact,” says Cecile Wickmann, founder of resale website Rebelle.
6 Great Reasons to Buy and Sell Pre-loved Maternity Wear
- Reselling fashion helps with sustainability of the environment
- Financially smart
- By Reducing manufacturing we save the planets non renewable resources.
- Conscious living Lifestyle – many people are deciding to reduce their impact on the planet and their pocket by ‘not buying new’ for a set time for eg a year.
- An uncluttered cupboard = extra cash in your pocket.
- Great clothing gets a second chance.
We Have very Strict Criteria on Quality*.
- NO – Pilling of fabric
- NO – Stains
- NO – Missing labels – Size / brand labels must be intact.
- NO – Broken buttons or zips etc
- NO – Holes or tears – unless they are an obvious part of the design for eg ripped jeans
- NO Dirt – Items must be freshly laundered. They need to look and smell freshly laundered!
- NO – Underwear or socks.
How?- Its so easy.
- Send your pre loved maternity wear items to us, together with a printed / written list that includes :
- Your name and telephone contact details
- Bank account details we can pay into
- Full list of items. (Include size, type of item (eg pants – jeans) Brand and anything you loved about the item that we can add to the description)
- Your preferred selling price of each item, we reserve the right to advise you if the price needs to be adjusted.
Q- Why not sell myself?
A- You can of course, but it can be a hassle, people don’t pitch up to meet you and safety is an issue. We have the perfect existing platform where moms are here looking for maternity wear already !
* Items received that don’t adhere to the criteria above will be returned to you at your cost, or we can donate to a charity on your behalf. If your items have not sold within 6 months of being listed we can return to you, at your cost, or donate to a charity on your behalf.
We charge 25% commission for the use of our platform and processing of your sales. You will receive payment into your account within 10 days of confirmation received from buyer that they are 100% happy with items.
REDUCING HUMAN IMPACT ON OUR PLANET – It’s something we care passionately about.
Some of the things we do ‘in house’ that reflect our ethos.
– All our fabric off cuts are donated to a township animal rescue where they use them as stuffing for pets bedding.
– All ‘reject’ garments are donated to charity.
–We limit use of plastics by sending our orders wrapped in classic brown paper.
–We do not package each garment in a separate plastic packet.