Small Bust: 81 cm – 89 cm | Hip band area 90 cm to 95 cm
Medium Bust: 89 cm – 97 cm | Hip band area 95 cm to 99 cm
Large Bust: 97 cm – 103 cm | Hip band area 99 cm to 105 cm
X-Large Bust: 103 cm – 110 cm | Hip band area 105 cm to 110 cm
What we need to ensure best and lasting fit.
See white lines in picture above on where to measure. Wrap the tape measure around your body to get an accurate measurement.
A. Bust – wrap tape around you at the widest part.
B. Hip band – wrap tape around you where the hip band of your pants will fit you.
C. Hip – wrap tape around you at the widest part of hip/butt.
Fabric Tip: Viscose lycra (most tops) will stretch significantly – for a good fit choose closest to your measurements. Cotton stretch Sateen used (most pants) does not stretch significantly, for a good fit choose the size with a few cm to spare
Why do we ask for your measurements? We have all experienced going into a store and grabbing the size you normally wear only to find when you fit it on,that particular store’s size 10 for e.g. is actually closer to a 14, or the other way round! Having your measurements helps ensure we send the right size to fit you, taking into account the expected the growth you will be going through. We highly recommend you add your basic measurements to the “additional information” section (see screen capture ↓below) when ordering. It ensures we send the correct size to fit you and last. See our T’s & C’s when placing order too.
Generally you would order your maternity wear in your pre-pregnancy size. Correctly designed Maternity wear is cut to fit your body normally, taking into account that you have a growing tummy not a bigger body. If you have gained 8-10 kg’s or more, then are you likely to have gone up a size. Check the guide below for help.
- Tips for getting the best fit out of your maternity wear:
- – 16 weeks or earlier ? Some loose fitting clothing may seem “too big” but you will grow.
- – The most flattering length for a top that is below the waist : hang your arms down to the side – where your thumb ends=the perfect length!
- – The most flattering length for pants: the hem of bootleg pants should just touch the floor at the heel when you are bare feet.
- – All of our maternity trousers are adjustable and therefore designed to fit YOU perfectly with the button hole elastic.